Monday, June 22, 2009

stupid mind

I tried to make amends, we both made a goof. You told me it was in my head, so I wrote you off. Deleted your name. Deleted your number. Deleted your friendship. I don't need this.

Tonight you texted. I warily texted back. Conversation is so easy with you, proceed so seemlessly. Yet you're blowing me off again because it took me longer than you liked for me to text back?

I called to smooth it over, against my better judgment. Again we're on good terms. A woman asked a question, a gave an answer only to find my line dead. You hung up b/c I wasn't paying attention to you for a second?

Yet you ask ME if it's that deep? I don't need your games. I find myself appologizing when I shouldn't even be glancing backwards.

I want to say to you, do you know how many are in line? Waiting? Wanting? But that is ridiculous & means nothing.

You are history. What little part of my mind, ego, or heart that may be involved is only that, a very little part. You were right to say that I didn't give you enough. I didn't. There was no reason to.

Honestly, I doubt there ever will be. For anyone.

1 comment:

findingmywingsinlife said...

I now understand the confusing text messages earlier today! Sorry things have been trying for you here lately.

At least you have two friends who think you're b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! Truly and honestly, one of them just happens to be a weirdo..(that would be C from DP, not me I swear!)