Saturday, November 21, 2009

kid banter

Yesterday my 10 year old daughter sitting in the back seat telling her story about getting bruises from the full contact flash cards game at school when 9 year old Tyler, not to be out done in the story telling dept, pipes up out of the blue, "so, I have a sore on my butt." I had the conversation on "low" in the background -- only partially listening to the banter -- until THAT came out. I didn't know which to ask first - why did he think that was an acceptable addition to the conversation ... or why does he have a sore on his butt? And who else has he been telling this to? Of course, I had to catch my breath and stop myself from peeing my pants before anything coherent could come out.



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Opaque said...

Hahahaha! Kids, and their attention-seeking behaviour!