Sunday, July 26, 2009

simple truth, simple friends

simple truth

The other day I read the BEST conjunction of words that I had run across in a long, long time: "truth is the best gift anyone can give, though I admit seeing the truth often hurts .... I love what humans were born to be and I hate the fact that we, many times over, disown ourselves. And that, I think, is why I cry inside." (I will link this when I get to the pc)

I've had so much to write about in the past few weeks, but could not come up with the best words in the correct order to properly convey what's swirling, seemingly fruitlessly, throughout my noggin. I pondered on that post over night, along with some other things that happened. It's all too much for one post, but here's my start:

I cannot count how many times I've been asked, by people of every walk, why April & I are such close friends when we are so VERY different in every way imaginable. What we have in common is one major key that I'm pretty confident all my true friends have in common: no expectations. What do take away from each moment, what do you learn at each bump and turn if your eyes and ears are not open? If everyone you surround yourself with is, in general, the same character?

Along the way, where others both would and have turned their backs on weird decisions or countless mistakes, through time and distance, hardships and other priorities, depression and frustrations, we've been able to learn from each other in ways that are immeasurable and unexplainable. Even if I'm an old crumbling barn alone in a field :) I get the analogy.

*EDIT* I'm so excited, I have a wonderful idea to incorporate into my back piece tattoo that I'm designing and guess who I'm gonna ask to draw this particlar piece!! =]
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

The world would be amazingly boring and lacking substance it we all followed the same drummer. I think the fact two friends may be different in a lot of ways, explains the richness of such a friendship. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

agreed. our differences are what keep life interesting. i think i'd get on my own nerves, so why would i want to only be friends w/ someone who is just like me in every way?!

good to hear from ya! ya know, i thought i had added you to my list.. and was wondering why i never saw your posts on the dashboard! **rolling eyes** no one could mistake me for a rocket scientist!! LOL

blessings,
Tracie