Sunday, March 22, 2009

gee, thanks

My kidlets were chowing on sugar cookies this morning, in Christmas shapes at my dad's house. I'm not exactly sure why they were in Xmas shapes, but whatevs, kept the kids munching. Near the end of the tub the oldest two were fighting over who got the last GREEN tree shaped cookie. Mind you, there were other cookies in the tub, just not green. I walked by and told them, "Stop fighting, all the trees taste the same!" My ex had brought the youngest two boys up so he was sitting at the table with them. He piped his two cents into the conversation with, "Yeah, your mom has had enough wood in her mouth, she would know." WOW! Splendid thing to say to your ex, especially in front on four children, all under the age of 9. Luckily, they didn't catch it. TG!

He's just so full of wonderful things to say. For instance, later that day when we were coming back to Fort Wayne & discussing where the oldest two needed dropped off, my 4 year old son asks, "Where are we gonna put momma?" meaning where do I need to be dropped off at. Ben wrily looks out the window with a mumbled, "I don't think you want me to answer that."

It was a fun day.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Charming.

findingmywingsinlife said...

That wasn't very thoughtful of him.

Spaghetti Fields said...

Did you have to go to the parenting classes? When Mark and I divorced we had to go to parenting classes that essencially "taught" us how to behave in front of the children (and many other things). It was state required before we could finalize. I guess for some people it wouldn't matter...

Mr. Mcknob said...

Sounds like something I would say to my Ex. Not in front of kids though.

Triana said...

Natalie, he hasn't much respect for what he says to others. Other than that, he's a wonderful father. No one can be perfect :(

Wings, you know exactly what I'm talking about as far as his "words of wisdom" - he spouts more crap than a sewer system.

Spaghetti, we were never married, therefore never had to go through parenting classes, KY law. And yes, for him, it wouldn't matter...

McKnob, delighted to see you here! I always need a male's perspective. He really had no reason to say it - it's nothing but poppycock. I guess if it makes him feel better, he can say whatever he wants. But at least have some respect for the kids! I am their mother.