Wednesday, March 25, 2009

selfish

Who am I? Or is it best to ask, who do I appear to be? Is anyone really who they seem to be...

Truth is a fiction. Love is a lie. Life is a game. Checkmate.

I am selfish to the core. Who isn't though? Even the most pure of intentions are selfish. Every action is taken through selfish means. Sure, you intend to make the world a better place. Why would you do that? Because it makes you happy? Because it make you happy. You think. So, you are chasing happiness. Actions taken in a selfish nature, don't you agree?

Selfish: concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others.

There in lies the key.... Exclusion.

1 comment:

Spaghetti Fields said...

I'm pretty selfish. I want the world a better place because I don't want to live in crap. I want to go on vacation (like that'll ever happen, but IF I ever do) and see the beautiful scenery. So on that point I suppose I'll pick up after myself and be courteous to others, too- but mainly for MY selfish reasons.

Hey all you get from me is brutal honestly.